Saturday, July 26, 2014

Toilet Cleaner for Perfect Grout

As I started this blog, I thought I was just going to make this a makeup/hair blog, since basically that was what I would do all day. Well not anymore. Honestly, I think this is going to be a beauty, makeup, hair, cleaning, food blog.
These summer months can get boring, especially when all of your friends are going on long vacations to their cabins or the Bahamas (lucky ducks), so I've been starting my day off with a little HGTV (it's an addiction) and some coffee to start my cleaning kick. I browse Pinterest and find all of these different things people use to clean the house.
I stumbled upon this one post about using toilet bowl cleaner to clean the grout for your tile floors. I thought I had finally given up hope on those dreaded floors after all the hours sitting on the bathroom floor with a bucket of soapy water and a tooth brush and only getting a quarter of the floor done (and my bathroom isn't even that big!).
I started looking at all of the before and after pictures on Pinterest and I ran right over to Walmart and picked up Clorox Gel Bleach Toilet Cleaner and started scrubbing away.

 I scrubbed on the right side that way you could see the contrast between the two sides!
I enhanced this one so you could see it better. It still doesn't look perfect but that was only after a few seconds of scrubbing! Just remember my grout is beige too, so it's not a huge difference like some peoples grout went from almost black to pure white! 

When you do it, please ventilate the area pretty well, especially if you are doing it in a small area and work in clothes you wouldn't mind getting bleached!

What do you think? Leave your comments and suggest what I should do for my next post!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13382347/?claim=825awc567bc">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment