Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Cucumber and Yogurt Mask for Soft Supple Skin

My younger cousin came over the other night and she saw a post on Pinterest for this cucumber and yogurt mask that was supposed to make your skin tone drastically different and help reduce acne. Going into her 8th grade year, she didn't want to have blemishes or uneven skin tone (I mean who does anyway?), so we decided to whip it up in my blender. 
It took a couple of tries trying to blend it all together. We first tried in my little single cup blender with chopped up (peeled) cucumber and that failed. So we pulled out the big blender and that just chopped up a couple of the pieces and the rest went just below the blades. Thankfully that released enough water for it to blend in my single cup blender and we made sure it was completely smooth before we added a scoop of plain yogurt. It was still super runny and not face mask like so we added the entire cup of the Fage Greek Yogurt single cup and applied that to our face. We left that on for 10 minutes and rinsed it off.
We then added about 3 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice as well. We slapped that on our face and left it on for 15 minutes and when we went to rinse it off, we took about a tablespoon of the mixture and 2 tablespoons of sugar and scrubbed our face with it for 30 seconds.
I can't tell you if it drastically changed my skin tone exactly but my face sure looked a lot nicer and my pores looked noticeably smaller (which never happens).
If you are looking for a miracle face mask, I can't tell you this is it, but I sure can tell you it's an extremely fun thing to make at 2 in the morning and walk around the house pretending like you are zombies.
I'm going to try it out for a couple more weeks and see if there is a difference in the condition of my skin and I will update you if I do see a change. In the meantime, leave me suggestions on what you want to see in the future on this blog and I would love to know how this mask worked for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment